FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
Since 1947, the Friends of the Adelphi University Library have provided invaluable support in enhancing the library’s offerings. Gifts from the Friends have contributed to:
- expansion of the book collections, now numbering over 640,000 volumes
- exceptional purchases in Special Collections
- improvements to Library technologies
- augmentation of databases and other nonprint formats
Benefits of Membership
Members help support the Libraries' academic endeavors and also enjoy a range of programs and events related to the Libraries' functions.
Published three times a year, the newsletter lists upcoming events, programs, and general news.
Friends' 17th Annual Fall Lecture
Click here to view the flyer for our next lecture - “A. T. Stewart: The Origins of Garden City in 1869 and Adelphi’s Arrival in 1929”.
- invitation to the annual Friends Fall Art Lecture
- invitation to the annual meeting of the Friends on Alumni Weekend
- library borrowing privileges (for Supporting or Sponsoring Members)
- invitations to outstanding programs and lectures
To join, complete the Membership Application (PDF 14KB).
For additional information, please contact:
Adelphi University Library
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p - 516.877.3574
e - ReferenceServices@adelphi.edu
|Back to Top of Page|